The Commission on Aging was established by Ordinance with powers of Commissions on Aging set forth in the Connecticut General Statutes including:
1) Study the needs of elderly and aging persons in Newtown.
2) Coordinate programs for the elderly and aging in Newtown
3) Make applications for grants to State and Federal governmental agencies.
4) Prepare written opinions on the merits of programs for which grants are proposed.
5) Act as agent for other Federal, State or Town Boards, Commissions or agencies or local private groups to carry out programs for the elderly and aging in Newtown as from time to time are specifically authorized by such Boards, Commissions and agencies and groups.